YOUTH & FAMILY COMMITTEE
Meeting: Behavioral Health Advisory Board Youth & Family Committee
Date: Wednesday, October 14, 2020
Time: 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM
Location: Via Zoom
Attached for your review are the minutes of the last BHAB Youth & Family Committee meeting and the agenda for the upcoming meeting. Note that the minutes and agenda may include copies of handouts and/or presentations, which can be viewed by scrolling down the documents.
Please review prior to the meeting. Thank you.
The BHAB Youth & Family Committee currently meets on the second Wednesday of every other month beginning in August. We look forward to seeing you there.
The information referenced below and on page two of the Agenda is provided to you in support of your attending the upcoming BHAB Youth & Family Committee Meeting via Zoom:
Join Zoom Meeting:
Meeting ID: 846 9428 8261
Please note the following important information related to supporting your participation in the upcoming meeting:
- The meeting will be recorded.
- All participants are muted upon entry to minimize any unintended disruption of background sounds.
- Zoom will initially start with a “waiting room” at the start of the meeting, you will be “admitted” into the waiting room.
- During the Public Comments portion of the agenda, participants will be unmuted and able to comment for up to 3 minutes. Comments can be shared in the following ways:
- If you are joining the meeting via video/audio, you join the comment cue by clicking on the participant window at the bottom of the zoom screen and then click on the “raise hand” feature in that participant window.
- If you are joining the meeting by telephone only, you join the comment cue by pressing *9.
- Comments will be taken in the order they are received and are allotted 3 minutes. At the end of the three minutes, you will be notified that the time has ended, be able to make a closing comment and then the mic will be opened to the next person.
Meeting Date/Time: 2nd Wednesday of every other month beginning in August at 10:00 AM. These meetings are open to the public.
- Chair: Denise Nielsen
This committee will be chaired by an appointed BHAB member, and reporting directly to the BHAB, this committee shall advocate for youth with mental health and substance use disorders.
Duties of the committee:
- Monitor and advise the Department related to youth and family Behavioral Health programs.
- Comply with the requirements of the Brown Act.
If you are interested in joining this or other BHAB committees, please send us an email at Edith.Pham@ventura.org or call (805) 981-1115.